Recruiting the right candidates is vital for every organisation. Having a pool of skilled workforce with the right aptitude and abilities can change the way things operate within your organization. Effective recruiting is about more than just filling a short-term vacancy; it’s about influencing the company’s long-term success through analysing workforce planning data to determine what skills are required for organizational success.
What is Recruitment?
Recruitment is the process of attracting, selecting, and hiring the best individuals into a job role in a timely and cost-effective manner. In other words, recruitment is the process of actively searching for prospective employees and stimulating and encouraging them to apply for jobs in an organization. Organizations often conduct the hiring in-house but with the change in the business dynamics and organizations under constant pressure to excel in their core tasks, they have started outsourcing recruitment services to specialists. Right from HR to line managers, everyone involved in the recruitment process should have detailed knowledge and skills to make effective and fair recruitment decisions. The length and complexity of the recruiting process can differ depending on the size and resources of the organisation.
Importance of good recruitment
Human resource managers certainly play an effective role in hiring the most qualified candidates for the positions within the company, and who will help them towards attaining organizational goals. Some of the several things that highlight the importance of a strong recruiting process are mentioned below.
- Since recruiting is rarely a personal matter, a successful hiring process projects a positive picture of the business to consumers and rivals. You’re seen as a more trustworthy and effective business.
- A well-thought-out recruiting process will shorten the time it takes to find, interview, hire, and onboard new employees. All these stages can be streamlined, making the company’s quest for top talent far more effective.
- It will help you increase your employee brand’s visibility in the market. The battle for top talent is becoming more difficult as more opportunities are available and less qualified applicants enter the job market. A positive brand image will assist the organisation in attracting the right and high-calibre talent. Your company’s brand value is heavily influenced by the recruiting process.
Now, we know the importance of recruitment better so, it’s time we gather some information about the process of recruitment. Let’s start:
The recruitment process begins with planning. This involves drafting a job specification for the openings in the company, outlining the key responsibilities, skills and experience needed, grade and level of pay; starting date; whether temporary or permanent; and mention of special conditions, if any, attached to the job to be filled. The HR manager invites more applicants than they need so they have some choice. After the initial round of interviews, it is definite that some applications will be filtered and rejected for reasons. Therefore, it is necessary to plan for the number of applicants that are necessary to fill all the vacancies with legitimately qualified individuals.
Once it is ascertained how many candidates and what kind the company needs, the next step is to devise a suitable strategy for recruiting candidates in the organization. Companies must determine whether to recruit less-trained workers and then invest in their training through hands-on mentoring and education programmes or to hire skilled professionals who already know what they’re doing but would certainly demand and justify higher pay.
The searching process involves attracting the right candidates to the organization, it is a two-step procedure:
- Source Activation- In this process, the actual recruiting only takes place if the line manager verifies that a vacancy exists.
- Selling- Meanwhile, sale applies to where the business can advertise without exaggerating the benefits.
Screening of the candidates is arguably the most important step in the recruitment process. This involves closer review and shortlisting of the candidates. Some people will be interviewed as part of this process, in addition to having their resumes, cover letters, references, and other materials reviewed.
Screening is meant to weed out all the irrelevant applications who don’t fit the bill because they do not possess the necessary skill for the job. This way only good applications are shortlisted for the personal interview round.
Depending on the source of supply and the process of recruitment, different methods for screening candidates are used. Candidates are usually screened using preliminary applications, de-selection examinations, and screening interviews.
The following factors can be considered during the assessment phase of the process:
- The number of eligible applicants who applied
- The number of qualified applicants who applied (and from where)
- Any comments or feedback on the work board where the job advertisement was placed
- The number of qualified applicants who passed the selection screenings
- The success of the candidates who were chosen
- The retention of the candidates who were chosen
- The total expense of the hiring procedure
Every organization wants to pick the best talent to form its team. For this, they spend a lot of time, money and energy in hiring, onboarding, and training the new hires. The recruitment process should be effective and beneficial for the company to be able to hire candidates that fit well within their organization. A solid recruitment process that finds loyal talent with the skills and experience necessary to get the job done will make the jobs of those in human resources and mentors alike much easier.
Keeping all these things in mind, Shergroup has started offering recruitment solutions for businesses looking to hire candidates with a special skill set to fill in the gap in their team or to find candidates who will take their company to new heights.
You can depend on our service as we operate with a diverse team of employees from different parts of the world, and we understand what we like to see in our recruits. So, we want our clients to thrive from our experience and use our recruitment solutions to widen their pool of talent in their businesses. You may contact our friendly business advisors, who will walk you through our process and help you with the exact solution you need for your business. Get in touch with us via our website www.shergroup.com
Contact us on
You can reach us |
By Phone | 020 3588 4240
Website | www.shergroup.com and you can chat to us from here
Email | [email protected]
Facebook | Check out Shergroup on this channel and message us
Twitter | Check out ShergroupChat on this channel and message us
LINKEDIN | Check out Shergroup’s LINKEDIN – and please FOLLOW us!
Instagram | Check out ShergroupChatter and follow us!